The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving into technical diving. It’s a great place to start because it’s the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training. After completing your PADI Tec 40 Course you will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres/130 feet.
You’ll learn to
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres/130 feet.
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
- Since it’s part of the course, your PADI Tec 40 course training credits toward the PADI Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres / 60 feet.
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
Contact us for more information